Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Last Craft Fair

While my profile says I like to do crafts, I don't get to post much about my crafting.  The last craft fair of the season for me is this weekend at the Holiday Extravaganza in Elmwood.  I only do a couple craft fairs a year, as it gets to be a lot of work, but it is still fun.  The last couple of weeks I have been busy trying to replenish my inventory from the Ameritas craft fairs and get a couple of special orders done. 

When Ben was in the hospital, I was able to get a little crocheting done, but not much.  I also got a big order of gemstone beads in while Ben was there and I could not wait to get home and play with them. 

One of my new items this year is wire wrapped beaded rings.  I saw some similar ones at a bead shop when I was in Branson on vacation this summer.  As soon as I got home, I tried making some and figured out the pattern.  It turned out to be very addicting.  I finally got my 72 tray filled this week and have sizes from 3 to 11.  I call them Bling Rings.  At just $5 each you can get one to go with each outfit. 


So far I have gotten just a few of the bracelets made from the new gemstone beads.  I love the feel of cold stones.  Here is a small sample of what I have done.  Bracelets are just $5 to $10, and make excellent gifts.

If you are in Southeast Nebraska this weekend, check out the craft fair at the old roller skating rink in Elmwood (Now Josoff's Social Hall) from 8:00 to 3:30.  You will be sure to find some great gifts for everyone on your Christmas list or yourself.  There will be lots of fun things to do, all day long.  Click here for a complete list of activities planned for the Holiday Extravaganza.

1 comment:

  1. Angie,
    You are a busy woman! And those pieces of jewelry are beautiful. May have to get back in touch if there are any left after the craft fair.
    HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
    B&R

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment to let us know you stopped by. We love hearing from you!