Saturday, March 13, 2010

Seriously?

A couple weeks ago I posted Ben's More Alike than Different Poster.  This month the NDSC was holding a contest for people to vote for their favorites.  I was trying to decide if I should advertise the contest or not as Ben's poster was done more for fun and not really to win a contest. 
Unfortunately, this week the gallery of posters had to be taken down and the contest was suspended by the NDSC. 
Why? 
Because, there are a few horribly mean people out there who stole a few of the images, reworked them in Photoshop to be very vulgar and hurtful and then posted them to the web.  How sick.  While I did not want to see what they had done, I had to find out if Ben's photo had been hijacked.  Luckily it had not.  I am truly shocked that someone would steal images of these innocent people, turn them into something so degrading, and then post it for the world to see.  The administrators of the site did remove the link and legal action is pending.   I hope that those responsible are held accountable for their actions. 

You may see some changes coming to the blog, as I try to remove some of the more personal information.  I do want to keep the blog public if possible, in hopes that it can be helpful to others going thru similar situations.  At the same time, I feel that steps need to be taken to make sure the blog does not fall prey to a similar attack.


 

1 comment:

  1. this all made me so sick. ugh. i couldnt sleep that night.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment to let us know you stopped by. We love hearing from you!