Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Ben is a Baby Idol Finalist


A few weeks ago I heard about a Baby Idol contest on the radio where they were looking for pictures of cute babies. I thought to my self - "Hey.. I have a cute baby, maybe I should enter one of his picutres."
So I found one of my favorites and emailed it away. And then forgot completely about it.

Yesterday on the way home from John's game, I happened to be listing to the very same raido station, and they mentioned the Baby Idol contest. When I submitted the photo, they sent a confirmation email, but I had not heard anyhing else, so I figured he did not get picked. As soon as I got home, I got on line and was shocked to learn that Ben had indeed been chosen as one of the 12 Baby Idol finalists. The voting had already begun and will continue until Thurday May 21st at 5:00. Only one vote per person, per day is allowed.

To link to the B107.3 website click here

It is awesome that Ben was chosen. I don't think they have any idea that they have a baby with Down Syndrome in the top 12. In some pictures it is more obvious than in others, but not so much in the one I sent in. Of course we think he was cute in all the pictures. He has a smile that just melts your heart, and he gives it away so freely.

Ben has the best outlook on life. He is happy to be where ever he is (so long as Mom is pretty close) Here is an example. Last week when we were on vacation, it started to rain. At the time we were headed to the putt-putt golf course, and the bigger boys were really bummed. We popped the back hatch on the van, and sat under it, to wait it out. Ben was in his stroller and while he was out of the rain for the most part, he could stick his arm out and "catch" the rain. The bigger boys were whinning and complaining, but Ben was laughing and giggling and just having the best time. It was just such a great example of making the best of the situation and enjoying the gifts you have been given.
Ben is that gift for us.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I love it!!!! I will have to go check out the site and vote for Ben the Baby Idol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Ben!!! I just voted - can't wait to hear what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think he was a very strong contender. Must've been a difficult decision for the judges. What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment to let us know you stopped by. We love hearing from you!