Monday, April 20, 2009

Remodeling

We have been working on remodeling my parents house in hopes of moving this summer. Real progress actually started this week. We now have a shower in the main bathroom, a fixed front faucet, a patched front step, and hopefully today we will have a good start at some new flooring in the dining and family room.
I do have to say that I HATE wall paper. I have 5 rooms of wallpaper to remove and while some is coming off very easily, so won't come off at all. My mother-in-law had a great idea that is really helping. She mixed warm water with fabric softener, and it really works good for getting the wall paper to release from the wall, in most of the spots.
Yesterday I also tried my hand at painting one of the kitchen counter tops. Rust-oleum has a new paint specially for counter tops, but it does not come in many colors. The counter tops were harvest gold before and I tried to paint them taupe. While the painting process went very well. I am not sure I like the color with the cabinets. I painted a sample on piece of drywall that came out of the bathroom and am going to try to sponge some different colors on to see if I can get a look I like better. We may still end up replacing them, but want to avoid the mess of it, if I can. Click on the picture below to see pictures of the painted counter top and new floor. I took the pictures with my phone, so they are not very good.
Drop Box

1 comment:

Please leave a comment to let us know you stopped by. We love hearing from you!