Tuesday, February 3, 2009

My poor neglected blog

The computer has been acting up and not wanting to open any pdf's and it won't let me remove or download any software. It also does not want me to download any pictures. Can't wait for the new operating system to be introduced so I can get a new computer.
The last few weeks we have continued with more Basketball, thumb sucking and therapy.
The boys are really coming along and learning a ton in basketball. Randy is always trying to think up new plays, and the ones he has them running this year are working great. Here is a picture of the team that we took this weekend in Weeping Water. They won both games this weekend; Saturday against Murray and Sunday against Weeping Water. The game on Sunday was scheduled for 5:00. Some of the dad's were bummed that they missed the beginning of the Super Bowl, but at least they caught the end.

Noah is still trying hard not to suck his thumb but just does not have the will power while watching TV or when it is getting close to bedtime. We had not been using the zip ties at night, but then I found out that he was taking the gloves off and then putting them back on when John's alarm was going off. The last couple of nights we have been using the zip ties to hook gloves on both hands and he has been going to sleep fine. He did look a bit rough the first two mornings, but I think he is finally getting used to it. I showed him some pictures on the web of kids who have messed up their teeth from thumb sucking, but it did not seem to have any impact. It is just such a hard habit to break.

Ben did really good at his afternoon therapy session last week. Much better than when we tried in the morning. He is side sitting well and can move back to center fine, with no assistance, but just has not quite gotten how to get in and out of sitting yet. When he get on his knees he will rock a little, but he really does not like being on his knees.

On the craft front, I have a couple of orders left from Christmas yet to fill. One is to make another strand for a name bracelet. Since I did not make the original, I am having a hard time finding beads to match. I also have a couple more name doilies left to crochet. They are taking a bit longer as I find myself too tired once I get Ben to sleep to work on them, and it is pretty hard to work with fine thread when he is awake.