Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Ben's Brigade2013

This past weekend was our awareness walk.  This was my second year of co-chairing the event, and I admit the job is not getting easier.  I know that seems odd because things tend to get easier the more you do it, and while I agree that is true most of the time, for me it was not.  Second the reason the job got so much harder, is because during the last three years that I have been involved, we have doubled the size of the walk in terms of both money raised and total walkers.  It has been great raising more money and having more walkers.  However, ordering and sorting 1600 t-shirts is a whole different ball game from sorting 750 shirts.  It all requires more volunteers, and those are harder to come by.  But in the end getting bigger is a good problem to have.

We are very proud of our team who continually comes out and supports Ben's Brigade (even on cold mornings like it was on Saturday)  Through fundraising we were able to earn three fact posters that were displayed along the walk. 


Ben enjoyed seeing himself in the photos.  

We are always happy to welcome new team members.  This year we were able to welcome a few of Ben's Kindergarten classmates.  I am just sorry that my duties as walk chair prevented me from doing more socializing with my team.  We were also sorry that John had to attend the Harvest of Harmony parade with the school band and had to miss out.  For the first time we were unable to take a family photo at the walk.   Thank you for everyone who supported Ben's Brigade!



4 comments:

  1. I should ask you for advice! We had our first Step Up walk this year, and it was wonderful and crazy - we didn't know what we were doing. I love that yours grew so much from one year to the next, and I hope we see the same thing here. The pictures are great! And I love that Ben's classmates came out for the walk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deborah, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. I am happy to share any information I can that will help.

      Delete
  2. Love the fact posters, especially that last one! And so awesome that some of his classmates came out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, love the posters! I am Marc's mom, he and Ben are in class at Elmwood together. We didn't make it to the walk, but next year........we won't miss it! Just love lil Ben!!! He has a heart of gold!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment to let us know you stopped by. We love hearing from you!