Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Slow Down Mommy

This morning I woke up late.

Got my shower, checked email, ate a banana, got the big boys up and going, fixed my hair, and went into get dressed. My clothes are in Ben's room so this always wakes him up.

While I was getting dressed, we were working on his signs. I showed him out, eat, milk and he would just smile and wave at me.

When I would get close to his crib he would put his arms out for me to pick him up. I was finally done and able to grab him, and was signing eat and milk at the same time since we were going to have to eat fairly quickly to get out the door on time.

Ben threw both arms around my neck and gave me the biggest hug ever, as if to say "slow down Mommy, I don't have to eat just yet, just give me some loves first". Then he patted my back. I stopped dead in my tracks and just took it all in. This was the first time that I definately recognized that Ben initiated a hug. There are times in the past that he has laid down on my sholder and patted my back with one hand, that I think might have been a hug, but this was obviously a hug. It was so great.

Needless to say, I was late to work today.

2 comments:

  1. awwww so sweet! I love those hugs. Matthew's been patting me on the back lately when we hug. It's so cute and heartwarming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sweet! Noah also does the pat on the back when he hugs, just so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment to let us know you stopped by. We love hearing from you!