Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Chritsmas!

As I sit waiting for a couple of free songs to download for my new MP3 player, I thought I would write about about our day. It started early- about 6- when I could hear whispers from down the hall. The boys were debating if it was late enough for them to wake us up. After rolling over to look at the clock, I told them to go back to sleep until at least 7:00, since it was only 6:00. Of course they were not going back to sleep, although I think I did manage to nod off until Ben got wind of them being up and decided he wanted to be up too. About 6:50 I gave up trying to sleep so we all got up.

The first gift Noah opened was a sweat suit and socks. His reaction was "Oh great! Clothes! He did enjoy his new clock radio and Webkinz and a new game for his V-smile. John got the same except he got a Pocket Dog game for his Game Boy. Ben got a walker that will turn into a wagon, a signing video, and a stacking toy. This afternoon Alyce, Gary and Pam came out for a short visit. Otherwise it was just a laid back day spent playing with all our new toys.

A new funny memory from today came this morning as I struggled to make Monkey bread. My brown sugar was hard, and I got off track and ended up doing way to much improvising. Anyway it did not turn out right, and I over cooked it a bit. Noah got his and said "Thanks for making Monkey Bread, Mom. It tastes good, but it looks like turd. Nice! Later this afternoon Randy found some old Kiss concerts being shown on VH1 Classics. When they played the song -I want to Rock n Roll all Night, and party every day, it took me back to when John was younger and he was singing the song in the car one day. He argued with me that they were really saying I want to Rock and Roll all night, and PART of every day. We all got a good laugh, although I have a feeling that John still thinks that he has the correct lyrics and that we are all doing it wrong.

Ben showed of his new sitting skills for Aunt Pam. He has also been doing a very good job pivoting lately. It helps when I put his favorite toys just out of reach beside him. It does not take him long to get them when sitting or laying. We were working on side sitting, to help him move from another position into or out of the sitting position. He was doings a good job of sitting back up, but would not go down to the floor from the side sitting position. We are encouraged though, becuase it seems like he can do just a bit more every day.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas full of memories to cherish for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment to let us know you stopped by. We love hearing from you!